Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Joel Osteen

in all of 5 seconds i do believe my opinion of Joel Osteen changed dramatically. I had called my dad earlier today and later at dinner he returned my call and we talked for a bit and i talked to my sister about her birthday party, then out of the blue my dad asks me if i want to go see Joel Osteen in Tampa in December... "Joel Osteen," i thought, "he preaches about feeling good and stuff, robert schuller with a perm." but Joel Osteen...hmmm my dad even said he liked him and that he watches him on tv ( i wondered why they gave me his book for christmas) so what could i say but yeah i'd love to go. My step mom comes on the phone and tells me about it and stuff and says they were watching him the other day and she had once seen billy graham and would really like to go see Joel.... so it turns out i'm going to see joel with my dad, with MY DAD... My Dad isn't saved, a deist at best and we're going to spend "an evening with joel." well because my dad accepts and even respects joel i can't but accept him and pray that God speaks through him and touches my dad and stepmom... i guess i'll have to read his book now that they gave me... Joel's Gospel may be watery, but if it reaches my dad, if it brings him even half a step closer to a relationship with Jesus Christ, to God be the be the glory! and may God bless Joel's ministry.....

No comments: