Saturday, November 18, 2006

Is "dork" even a popular term anymore?

If per say someone, not me of course but; a um, friend of mine, yeah a friend of mine, would on occasion happen to have the inner desire to make fun of myself, I mean himself, because I; He! just tends to act like a dork most of the time; does that make m, him crazy? Yeah, yeah so on the inside I find a lot of humor in the fact in how much of a dork I act like, ok am, how much a dork I am. I mean writing this just proves the point doesn't it? Still yet again another example; apparently according to this one youth pastor I know, cough, Danny, who I recently; yesterday, went and spoke at a lock in for said I tend to use the words "I mean" quite frequently when preaching: it's better than saying "ughmmm" though isn’t it? I mean; haha just kidding, though I probably should look back on my writing to see how many times my fingers use the phrase "I mean." Anyways, I've had this passion and desire for a while to start a traveling evangelistic youth ministry deal where I go and speak at youth events and fun stuff like that. I'm not really sure how one starts such a ministry; I guess I’ll find out though because lately God has been convicting me a bit on how passive I am in certain areas of my life. So God says to me, Alex stop being a pansy and be a man (1 kings 2:2 "...be thou strong therefore, and shew thyself a man." See, there is a Biblical basis why there is no crying in baseball.) Yeah so there are a few things in life I've to quit being afraid of (once again making fun of my self in my head: "I’m such a girl.") and just step up to the plate and swing instead of watching everything go by. Well, back to me being a dork, so this whole concept popped in my head today while driving. Usually when I'm driving for hours on end I'm by myself, and usually I spend a good hour or so hitting the scan button on the radio and then "singing" the song attempting at times to guess the lyrics I don't know, oldies and Motown are preferable, Christian and country songs are easier, but they work too. Yeah, so that being said my thought in the car was "It would be quite nice if I had someone to go with me places" (which is dork for a wife.) But, then I thought if someone were riding with me and I was putting on this concert of hits from today, yesterday, and bunches of years ago they would probably look at me as if I were a loon of a dork. (Loon of a dork? That doesn’t even make sense.) Yeah, but hey, I probably am. I think I need sleep; I’m rambling like Donald Miller. Though in his ramblings He did have a really awesome quote about the beauty in God holding all the stars and knowing what He’s doing; though a dork I may be; watching the stars over Georgia tonight as a drove through the dark mountain foothills reminds me that God loves me still.

No comments: